Fi Innovations manufactures complex parts from tough urethane, silicone and other casting resins.
- Industry – shock-absorbent handles, bumper pads
- Automotive – air vents, flexible mounts
- Aerospace – moulded bearings, lightweight displays
- Electronics – water/dust seals, robot parts
- Architecture – replica decorations
- Art – sculpture, figurines
Get Fi Innovations to add flexible overlays onto your 3D printed parts.
Our team will design and print a 3D over-mould. The plastic part is inserted, then silicone or urethane resin is injected to complete the flexible overlay.
Over-moulding has many benefits:
- Reduced costs – eliminate secondary assembly
- Various textures – soft-touch hand grips
- Aesthetically pleasing – contrast colours
- Minimise or eliminate sharp edges
- Waterproof and shock-absorbing – protect sensitive electronic components
- Specific properties – insulation, chemical resistance
Anything from a waterproof plug to a . . . . .
Preserve insects, plants and delicate objects by embedding them in special crystal-clear resin.
Silicone casting resins are two-part synthetic ‘liquid rubber’ products, ideal for creating a huge variety of flexible moulds and parts.
They can reproduce fine detail and cope with under-cuts (unlike rigid moulds)
- Art – sculpture, figurines,
- Visual arts – make-up, prosthetics, props, Cosplay
- Construction – concrete moulds
- Architecture – moulds for replica decorations
- Food – chocolate moulds, butter sculptures
- Craft – candle moulds, model-making, taxidermy
- Medical – training aids, orthotics